The Modern Mother is busier than ever before, and she is often juggling a career and motherhood. Moms are often so preoccupied taking care of others that they forget to take care of themselves. It is important for mothers to take time out from the daily chaos and enjoy a break. If you are a busy mom use these tips to sneak some solo time into your routine.
- Play dates: Take turns hosting play dates with one of your mommy friends. Your kids will love them, and you can spend the day enjoying some much-needed alone time.
- Meditation: Waking up 10 minutes early to meditate can have a big impact on your day. Meditation in motion will release stress and prepare you for the day. The time alone will allow you to explore your thoughts and reflect on what is important to you.
- Sneak Away: When your kids are busying playing, sneak into a quiet room and spend 20 minutes doing something you love like reading or scrap booking. Your family will survive without you, and you’ll emerge refreshed and happy.
- Coffee Break: After dropping your kids off at school stop at a coffee shop. Indulge in your favorite drink and pastry and take time to slowly soak in the deliciousness.
- Take a bath: Lock yourself in your bathroom, and take a hot bath. Create your own holistic oasis by adding some candles and aromatherapy. You’ll quickly find yourself slipping into utter bliss.
- Workout: Spend an hour taking a yoga class, doing cardio, or lifting weights. A lot of gyms offer free childcare so you can take the little ones along for your workout. Healthy exercise will reduce stress, keep you fit, and give you time to think.
- Daddy Bonding Day: Every now and again you deserve a day off. So have dad take the kids to the park and enjoy a day with nothing on the agenda. Remember to give Dad a break too, he’s probably working just as hard as you.
Spending even small amounts of time on yourself can do wonders for your mood and overall happiness. Solo time helps you stay in touch with who you are as an individual and makes daily tasks easier to tackle. It is in mothers’ natures to be selfless, but don’t forget that you also need and deserve time to yourself.