Everyone has fears. Everyone! The difference between those people who are living vivid and extraordinary lives they love and those that aren’t is that the ones living lives they love don’t let their fears run the show.
Here is a Fear-Facing Formula that invites you to come face to face with some of your fears so you, too, can move forward and live a vivid and extraordinary life you love! This is especially apropos as we move into 2012 full of endless possibility, new beginnings and hopefully some exciting intentions and goals. You can have and create all you desire if you keep anchoring into your truth and boldness instead of into your fears.
To create Balance in your life and face your fears, use the Fear-Facing Formula below to help you jump-start your plans to follow through with your intentions and goals this year. Don’t give up. It’s not too late! An amazing 2012 is waiting for you and remember that the way you live your life is a choice. It’s a commitment.
1. State your fear. “I am afraid of/to…”
2. Notice your sensations. Take some breaths and notice the sensations in your body that are present when you think about your fear (Maybe you notice short breaths, tight shoulders, caved-in chest, heart palpitations, etc.)
3. What’s the worst? Ask yourself, “What is the worst thing that will happen if I move forward anyway and do the thing I’m afraid of?”
4. What’s the best? Ask yourself, “What are the best benefits for me and maybe even for others if I do move forward and do the thing I’m afraid of?”
5. Imagine. How do you imagine you’ll feel once you face your fear?
6. Choose. Do you want to move forward anyway? Is it worth it to you? You get to choose.
7. Then, do it! Face your fear…move forward anyway…even if you’re scared. (Sometimes doing some movement can help to jump-start things. My daughter loves to do cartwheels to help her get the courage and momentum to take her medicine. What movement would give you courage and momentum to face your fear?)
What is possible for you when you face your fears successfully? Please do share below.
Julie Zeff is a Life Coach who helps stressed and tired moms live extraordinary lives they love; Author of Vivid Living for Busy Moms: Coach Yourself to an Extraordinary Life – to be published in 2012; and a trained Forest yoga instructor building strength and flexibility with emotional and spiritual intelligence. Sign-up to receive her FREE Monthly Coaching Tidbits and 5 Anytime, Anywhere Breathing Tips by visiting: http://www.vividliving.net.