Reality Mom Heather Walker lives the dream

Posted by Liza Elliott-Ramirez January - 12 - 2012
"If you like this post, say thanks by sharing it."
Pin It

When I first began my career with Expecting Models it was my first pregnancy.  I was a Musician, an Actress and soon to be a single Mom. Although the road to living my dream has had its ups and downs, I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. My work with Expecting Models definitely helped me financially and with a new baby on its way my determination to live my life to the fullest grew alongside my growing belly.

Reality Moms-Heather Walker

Reality Moms-Heather Walker

People come into your life for a reason and I didn’t realize it, but being a single mom to Sebastian Aleksander would be one of many wonderful life lessons and the most liberating and empowering experience.  I continued to pursue my career in the arts and entertainment business as well as of one day finding my prince charming, getting married and growing my family.  I knew that one day I would be able to have it all.

Today, my life is a different story.  I am back with Expecting Models.  This is my second pregnancy. I have found my prince charming.  My husband is my soul mate and the love of my life.  He’s my son’s best friend and we are expecting a little girl in the spring.

I share my story of never letting go of my dream because I am sure it isn’t an uncommon story.  I’d love to hear about your story.

19 Responses so far.

1. Koren Reyes says:

Great share, Heather. This was not an easy road, but congrats on a beautiful outcome. Wishing you a beautiful, very long-lived dream!

2. Liza Elliott-Ramirez says:

Heather,
    Can’t wait to hear more. I’m a single mom with 2 kids and wait on tables at night. How did you manage to keep it together? Thank you for your inspiration.

3. Heather,

What a beautiful story! I also have a son and daughter who are simply amazing. Wishing you the very best.

4. Lizette Alicea says:

Hi Heather,
    Thank you so much for sharing your story. As a teenage mother I was determined to make something of myself. I wanted to be the best I could be for my son. I worked my way through many tough times hoping to one day get through college and I did. My son is now in his early 20’s living his dream and I am living out my dream daily.
    I look forward to hearing more about you. What’s it like working with Expecting Models the second time around and is Sebastian Aleksander excited for baby number 2?

• Heather Walker-Falize says:

Congrats on the success of you and your son!
      Working with Expecting Models second time around is like a dream, round two! haha
      I love them! They are still as kind as ever and very supportive. It feels like a second home. And they keep you working!!!

Regarding Sebastian, he is over the moon about his little sister. Kissing my belly everyday, helping me around the house, carrying groceries. He’s an amazing kid already, so easy and kind. He can’t wait share his love with her. Its precious.

• Lizette Alicea says:

I had my second child, Olivia when my son was 13. She’s 11 now and it’s truly amazing to watch them love each other.

What’s your typical Model Mommy day like With Expecting Models?

5. Heather Walker-Falize says:

@Single mom w 2kids:
    How did I “manage”? Well as I’m sure you know…we manage because we have no choice. Its amazing the lack of sleep one can endure after having a child. And when you’re a single mother knowing that your kiddies only have you to depend on, your inner lioness kicks in and we make it happen. But no matter how hard we try, life will still throw us an obstacle or two (or a million) our way. I was lucky to have found an AMAZING caregiver and without her, things would have been different. I could leave my son knowing he was in good hands and be able to focus on the tasks at hand.
    Its okay to admit that you need help. It takes a village right?

6. Traci Lynn says:

Hi Heather~

Great news! You’re booked for Espera Magazine’s spring/summer editorial shoot this Thursday. And you’re also booked for Target on Friday, for a print and video shoot. I’ll send you the details shortly. Great job!

Let’s plan to take updated digitals soon, so I can see how your shape has changed. Talk soon!

Traci Lynn
    Director- Expecting Models East

• Heather Walker-Falize says:

Espera Magazine shoot was GREAT! Such an amazing crew! This spring you’ll see me as a rocking out mama! So much fun.
      Sorry we couldn’t get inside footage for you guys, but it was a closed set.

7. Liza Elliott-Ramirez says:

Heather,
    I’m so glad you are doing well! You are so fantastic! It’s mind blowing how quickly your son has grown:-) Pretty cool what we’ve shared! You are truly loved!

Liza

• Heather Walker-Falize says:

I know right?! I can’t believe how big he his either. I love working with you guys again. The bookers, the girls, the clients are all amazing! You too are truly loved and much respected. Major props to you for getting this whole pregnancy modeling thing rolling. Keeping the spirit alive and our confidence during this amazing ride.

Thanks
      Heather

8. […] Heather Walker pounds the pavement in NYC for a pregnant model casting. *{margin:0; padding:0;} #socialbuttonnav li{background:none;overflow:hidden;width:65px; height:80px; line-height:30px; margin-right:2px; float:left; text-align:center;} #fb { text-align:center;border:none; } […]

9. […] Heather Walker pounds the pavement in NYC for a pregnant model casting. *{margin:0; padding:0;} #socialbuttonnav li{background:none;overflow:hidden;width:65px; height:80px; line-height:30px; margin-right:2px; float:left; text-align:center;} #fb { text-align:center;border:none; } […]

10. Traci Lynn says:

Hi Heather~

You booked Ann Taylor! Have a great shoot today and we’ll speak afterwards. And you’re still on hold for Palmer’s, so fingers crossed!

Have a lovely weekend!

Traci Lynn
    Director- Expecting Models East

11. Liza Elliott-Ramirez says:

Heather, Heather, Heather! Rocking the charts:-) We are cheering you on and all smiles! How have you been? Give us the update….

12. […] Reality Moms for Heather Walker’s Story *{margin:0; padding:0;} #socialbuttonnav […]

13. Liza Elliott-Ramirez says:

How are you feeling Heather? We missed you today on WPIX- Hope you are well!

14. Liza Elliott-Ramirez says:

Hi Heather,
    I see you’ve been booked again for Target, Ann Taylor too?? How have you been feeling?