Reality Moms- Heather hits NY Pregnant casting for Palmers

Posted by Liza Elliott-Ramirez January - 17 - 2012
"If you like this post, say thanks by sharing it."
Pin It

Heather Walker pounds the pavement in NYC for a pregnant model casting.
Pregnant casting

9 Responses so far.

1. Joanne says:

Heather,
    I love your story. I read that you were a single mom. I am pregnant and single. Feeling lonely. Nice to feel hope by your story.

• Heather Walker-Falize says:

When baby comes you might be ‘single’…but you will never be alone again. Granted, a baby can’t fill certain voids,or help with the rent, and they will surely take up most if not all of your time. But he/she will provide you with the best cuddles ever and an uncondional love that feels AMAZING! It is BEAUTIFUL! My son and I have the best relationship. I’ve never been closer with anyone in my life. We look out for each other. I wouldnt change how our lives started together. He’s my man, ya know. Before I got married last year, I let him know that he’ll always be my man, my first love.
      I won’t lie to you and say that the journey is easy, but most of the best things in life don’t seem to come easy do they? Do you have family or friends around? Also you can look up sites specifically for single mothers in your area. Or start a group yourself. You don’t have to go through this alone.
      Best of luck to you and your little one. Dont hesitate to ask any further questions. It is my pleasure to help.

2. samantha says:

I would love to model like you. How did you get STARTED?

• Heather Walker-Falize says:

My first modeling job ever, I was six, and it was for my mom’s friends clothing company. I didn’t start working again until I was 14. I just sent in my pictures to agencies and awaited a response. Who am I kidding? I probably called them too just to see if they’d received my pix. haha. I worked locally in VA, then I went to Model Search America. I was picked up by a few agencies. But stayed with one not too far from home in D.C. And my career grew from there.
      Most agencies have open calls or you can send your pictures in…head shot, full length, bathing suit(if you want). Dont wear tons of make-up. Be as natural as possible. And who knows, maybe you can model too.
      Just make sure that its something you really want. Because it’s not an easy job to get, let alone to keep. Your self confidence will take a beating and sometimes your body too.
      But modeling can also be one of the greatest jobs ever. So think about it, weigh your options and if it feels right…GO FOR IT!!
      Good luck!

3. Traci Lynn says:

Hi Heather~

Great news…you have a callback for Palmer’s Cocoa Butter tomorrow! They must have loved you at the casting. One more step towards booking the job!

You’re also booked for Target again next week. You’re on a roll! Talk soon :)

Traci Lynn
    Director- Expecting Models East

4. Liza Elliott-Ramirez says:

Hi Heather!!
    Wow, congratulations on all of your bookings! I hear you’ve booked Target again, Espera AND a call back for Palmers?? Go Heather!!!

Expecting Models team is cheering you on!

Love,
    Liza

5. Liza Elliott-Ramirez says:

Are you shooting the editorial spread for Espera?

6. Liza Elliott-Ramirez says:

Heather,
    Just saw your Ann Taylor tearsheets! You seem to always give me chills! http://thestorkmagazine.com/expecting-models-portfolio/242-2/

7. […] and natural to compliment you lips after applying a rosy color. This dress worn on Expecting Model Heather Walker is available at  Ann Taylor Loft can take you from Work day to […]