Slimming down post-pregnancy can be difficult, but there are ways that can be both calming and relaxing. Although, it is important to maintain an active lifestyle, especially during the months after giving birth, these tips will help you find alternate ways to slim down calmly.
- Yoga: Most everyone knows how yoga can be good for the mind and for training the body, but it is one of the best ways to slim down calmly. Doing yoga for as little as three days a week can improve flexibility, strength, and balance while maintaining a clam state of mind. To enjoy the same benefits and incorporate cardio, and hot yoga. The temperature is risen in the classroom which allow students to burn more calories and gain deeper flexibility.
- Positive Thinking: making positive affirmations is another way to calm down and lose weight. Have you ever heard the saying, “believe and you can achieve?” It is this kind of mindset that enables losing weight as not just something that doable, but achievable. Writing notes to yourself in lipstick on your mirror is a simple way to promote positive thinking and boost self-esteem. Seeing these notes can give one a calming confidence as they start their day.
- Meditation: Meditation has been proven to allow people to overcome obstacles and to help them achieve their goals, while reducing stress and helping to live in the moment (which we will talk about in a moment). Meditation focuses on breathing and the stillness of the mind. The deep concentration on breathing engages the core muscles, allowing the digestive system to work more smoothly, and to whittle one’s waist. The emphasis on being one with yourself and to still the mind enables one to approach losing weight in a calmer fashion.
- Enjoying Your Food: One reason why many women have a hard time losing weight is because they eat while doing something else: watching TV, multitasking, driving, etc. Slowing down and enjoying your food is one way to slim down calmly. Taking the time to chew and enjoy what your eating not only enables all of your senses to become engaged, but also lowers the chance of overeating.
- Living in the moment: Being a mom can be hectic and it can be hard to stop and smell the roses so to speak. However, trying to live in the moment and enjoy each day can be essential to slimming down calmly and successfully. Stressful living and stress-eating both can lead to weight gain.
By Anna Bradshaw